Avocado fruit has a distinctive place in the list of exotic fruits. While most of us only crave for the fruit for its buttery taste, But the healthy fruit’s benefits are amazing. Once you learn the Health benefits of avocado and avocado nutrition, you will certainly add this fruit in your daily diet.
Interestingly, unlike most fruits, avocados are rich in healthy fats. The fruit is gaining popularity amongst the health-conscious prime for its nutrition values. Let us discuss the health benefits of avocado and avocado nutrition values.
Why You Should Eat Avocado Every Day?
Well, we won’t suggest you exclude apples from your daily diet but yes, including avocados on your plate may improve your metabolism. The following points contain nutrition value, health benefits and properties of avocados in general:
- The fruit contains only natural sugars in it. A piece of avocado may contain up to 0.5 grams of sugar in it. That too in form of; glucose, fructose, and galactose. Therefore the GI index for avocados is lower making it an ideal fruit for people willing to lose weight or people suffering from diabetics.
- When you are looking for potassium in your diet you can easily choose avocados over bananas. Potassium is very useful in maintaining heart health. Potassium reduces the hardening of arteries thus the pressure on the heart is reduced. A 100 gram serving of avocado fruit may contain up to 485 mg of potassium needs. On the other hand, bananas are a little far behind when it comes to potassium content.
- Avocados are rich in monosaturated fatty acids, the reason for the buttery taste of it. 77% of the total calories come from fats in avocados. Thus, it is fair to conclude that avocados are one of the fattiest fruits in the world. The major portion of the saturated fats in avocados is oleic acids. It is a fact that it has anti-inflammatory. Additionally, it significantly reduces the chances of cancer.
- Fibre is known to have supported weight management. Up to 7% of the 100 gram serving of avocado contains fibre. Making it an ideal fruit for people willing to reduce weight. The fibres activate the intestines, absorb water and thus help in proper digestion. At the same time, it prevents the blood sugars to shoot up.
- We all know the significance of antioxidants for the health of eyes. Lucky for us avocados are a rich source of antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin. They reduce the chances of cataract and macular degeneration. At the same time, healthy food also induces the proper absorption of antioxidants from other foods.
- Avocados are most famous for their anti-ageing properties. Various vitamins, minerals like the carotenoids, provitamin A and high beta-carotene levels are helpful for in enhancing the skin quality. They protect the skin from damaging effects of sun rays and harmful UV rays.
- The most important health attribute of avocados could be the various phytochemicals, flavonoids, carotenoids, phytosterols, fatty alcohols, and omega-3 fatty acids in it. These contents uniquely, have anti-inflammatory properties. Unsaponifiable supplements made from avocado and soybeans reduce the arthritis pain, especially in hips and knees.
Avocado Nutrition Apart from the above, avocados are rich in vitamins and minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, potassium, copper, manganese, phosphorus and zinc, vitamin A, K, C, E, B6, thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin.
No wonder health experts have labelled avocados as ‘superfood’. It is the nutrition value of superfood apart from the delicious taste, that the fruit is gaining popularity in the world.